XSign in by: Email Mobile
HOW TO BUY FROM YIWU INTERNATIONAL MARKET
The first thing you need to know about Yiwu international market is that it’s in China, the second is that it’s huge, about 59 million square feet and there are 75,000 booths. That’s right, seventy-five thousand shops. A bit overwhelming. It’s actually really overwhelming. 75,000 shops and one you. It doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Hopefully, this article will help you learn how to buy from the Yiwu international market.
Step 1 – Before you even think about booking a flight and going to Yiwu, please educate yourself on the city, on the customs (so that you don’t end up going during the Chinese spring festival when the booths won’t be open). Educate yourself on the spoken language, the opening times (9 am to 5 pm daily) and basically life in Yiwu
Step 2 – Prepare funds and prepare to spend a week or more at Yiwu market. It’ll be impossible to visit all 75,000 shops in one week but you should find what you’re looking for before the week runs out. If you can change your currency before traveling it’ll be better although some shops accept other currencies, it’ll be safer for you if you go with the Chinese Yuan.
Step 3 – Get an Agent. If it’s your first time going to Yiwu, ask someone you trust and who’s been there before to link you up with the agent they used. Quite a lot of agents are dubious in nature because you don’t speak the language they might try to dupe you or inflate the prices. Agents usually collect between three to ten percent of your total purchase value. These agents come into play because of the language barrier between most buyers and sellers but once you find a good agent, the rest is history. All you have to do is pick your products.
Step 4 – Picking the right product. Yiwu deals with mainly mass-production of products, so if you’re going there with the intention to buy about one product, as in one piece, there’s a chance you won’t be able to get it customized but if you’re going there for mass production, Yiwu will offer you so many choices. You should go to different booths, check out their products and choose the one that appeals to you the most. You can never be starved of choices in Yiwu.
Step 5 – It’s better if you organize the foreign trade yourself. Fill in all the details and make sure there are no missing gaps.
Step 6 – You can’t possibly visit Yiwu and not enjoy the scenery and sights. Take time to enjoy yourself and enjoy Chinese cuisines. Get familiar, perhaps learn a few phrases.
Step 7 – Enjoy your products and be sure to come back.
ITS AMAZING RESTAURANTS AND HOTELS
1. SULTAN – This restaurant has extremely high ratings and is located at
475, 477 Chou Zhou Beilu, Yiwu 322000, China. It’s open from 9 am – 1 am, daily. It boasts a menu of Mediterranean, Turkish, Middle Eastern, Vegan Options, Halal and Vegetarian-Friendly foods.
2. MAN HO – This restaurant serves only Chinese food and it’s definitely worth the trip. It’s open 11:30 am to 2:30 pm and 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm daily. It’s located at No.188 Futian Road | Marriot hotel, 2nd floor., Yiwu 322000, China. The restaurant is also beautiful. If you’re going to Yiwu market and you crave Chinese food or you want to try it out, go to Man Ho.
3. JAVA CAFE – This cafe serves amazing coffee, almost any type of coffee you want. They specialize in Pizzas and Fast food. If you’re craving a sugar rush or something to soothe your guilty pleasures, check it out. It’s located at No.320 Chengbei Road, Yiwu, China.
1. EJON CHAIN IMPRESSION HOTEL – This hotel is located at No.797 Chouzhou North Road, Yiwu 322000, China. They have free parking, free high-speed internet (WiFi), Breakfast included (although the breakfast lacks varieties), Room Service, Dry Cleaning. They also have Meeting Rooms and Business Center with internet access in case you’re in Yiwu for business. They have non-smoking rooms, suites and family rooms so that you can take your pick.
2. BEST WESTERN PREMIER OCEAN – This hotel is located at No 99 Futian Road | Yiwu, Yiwu 322000, China. It’s an old hotel but it has really friendly staff. They have Airport Transportation. The price is in the average range. They have several amenities such as a free parking, Shuttle Transportation Service, free internet, Breakfast, Multilingual staff to entertain guests from all over the world, Concierge, Conference facilities as well as babysitting services for parents with children. This hotel is the best choice for a family.
3. SHANGRI-LA HOTEL YIWU – Shangri-La is a massive hotel chain that has hotels all around the world. It’s a bit on the expensive side and more of a luxurious hotel. It’s located at No.6-8 Futian Road, Yiwu 322000, China. The hotel boasts a large number of amenities. Some of them are a Pool, Room Service, Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, Spa, Non Smoking rooms, Free High Speed Internet (WiFi),Fitness Center with Gym, Free Parking, Room Service,Laundry Service, Concierge, Banquet Room, Multilingual Staff, Conference Facilities, Air Conditioned Rooms, Mini Bar, an Indoor pool, A Banquet Room, a Business Center and Several Meeting rooms. You’ll definitely be getting the worth of your money.
4. YIWU MARRIOTT HOTEL – This is a 4-star hotel and it’s a bit cheaper than the Shangri-La Hotel. It’s located at No.188 Futian Road, Yiwu 322000, China. It boasts several amenities, luxurious and necessary. It has a breakfast buffet, a pool, a concierge, laundry services, a spa, a fitness center, multilingual staff, free Wifi, non-smoking rooms and so much more. Your stay at this hotel is sure to be smooth and wonderful.
All these places are accessible by Uber so you don’t need to worry about getting lost. All you need to do is relax and enjoy Yiwu. Have a great time!